09 June 2009

In Lieu of Jonesy

I know it's just not the same, and I am not really very funny like she is, but here I am. The parrot loves her best, and I write more on the blog.

I am currently boiling down rhubarb with sugar into a sauce to make, in the future, an Edwardian Pink Shocker. I am not joking: http://www.pbs.org/manorhouse/treats/prog04.html On this site, you can take the Snob Quiz as well. Who said PBS has no sense of humor?

The bird is pacing on his perch, wings out and in and out, trying a series of different calls to get my attention. Now he is pretending to chew. The cat is pawing at the glass door, the dogs are watching the yard for intruders. The ancient cat just limped into the kitchen for a snack.

I am thinking about how if I knew what was good for me I would give up sugar, booze, whining, driving, butter, starch, swearing, and fried foods. Alas, I am flawed.

Just like my pets are flawed--just now the dog nipped the cat and the other dog nipped the nipper. This resulted in scolding. The old cat is oblivious, moving soft food around in her dish from side to side.

My parrots nails are too long, I bite mine, I cannot clip my dogs' nails due to their utter refusals. We all keep making more.

I should go for a walk, read some poems, eat an apple.

The old cat wandered off and now is yowling from the basement, which sounds mournful, like she is lost. I will go retrieve her bony self and squeeze her a little, so that she will start to purr and we will look out onto the yard and whistle back at the birds.

No comments: